“A Wrong Number”

So what we’ve got here is a story of approximately 12,000 words. This word count, I have learned, is a total no-man’s-land: Too long to be a short story, way too short to be a novel or even a novella. It’s just… its own strange thing.

Luckily, I live in the modern world, and can simply pop the story onto my Web site for your reading enjoyment. And by gum, that’s just what I’m going to do.

1. braine
    Posted January 28, 2007 at 12:29 am | Permalink

“it’s”? Uh boy.

2. Posted January 28, 2007 at 6:28 am | Permalink

Corrected, dammit.

3. Posted January 28, 2007 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Don’t mind me. In fact, I was out running this morning and had a sudden fear that I had corrected you incorrectly. I’ve got to get into another line of work.

4. Posted January 30, 2007 at 10:16 am | Permalink

I thought it was a great story. Pat ending, maybe, but it was certainly a page-turner for me. (“space-bar-tapper?” “scroll-bar… -scroller?”)

5. Posted January 30, 2007 at 10:26 am | Permalink

I’m in favor of “page-scroller.” Glad you liked it.

6. Posted February 2, 2007 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Yes, it was indeed a page-scroller. And creepy!

7. James
    Posted February 13, 2007 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

I just finished, I thought it was very good. I liked the ending… JSYK I followed your pimp from scalzi’s page. Good job.